

I arrived to visit him on day 3 to find he was doing so well they decided to take him off CPAP at 2am. His oxygen saturation levels were looking good though he was working a little hard at breathing so they thought he may end up back on high flow which is a modified version of CPAP to give him a rest. At 4am UV lights were started as he was a little jaundiced. At 5.20pm I got to cuddle him for the first time!! I smelt his head and he had the same sweet newborn smell I remembered from Jai and Taj. During his cares after our cuddle they noticed his left arm with the IV line in was swollen meaning there was a blockage. They decided to put in a long line to an artery to save him having to have canula's done repeatedly and this was done at 8pm. Throughout all of this his oxygen saturation levels stayed good.
No comments:
Post a Comment