Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Feeding well

Ashwin was doing so well with feeding overnight they gave him all suck feeds and then he breastfed really well throughout the day. It'll be interesting when they weigh him tonight to see how he goes as he's drinking a lot but the energy used for all the suck feeds could balance that out. Apparently the doctor's are really happy with him. Now he's off all his monitors I'm really enjoying taking him into the parent lounge to feed and settle or sometimes just have Ash sleeping on my chest. I've always got the place to myself and the lounge is really comfortable and there's a tv too so it feels more homely. Also the staff leave me to my own devices in there so sometimes it's just Ash and I for a couple of hours and I can almost forget we're in a hospital and he feels more like my baby. He's starting to fill out a little too and look not so tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment