Tuesday, November 15, 2011

He's home!

We've been so preoccupied with our little man that I forgot to update! I couldn't sleep Sunday night I was so nervous that he wouldn't make the weight needed that I ended up ringing at 3am Monday morning to find he'd made it over the line by 12grams, making him 2012grams. It didn't take long once we got there to get all his paperwork together and we finally walked out of there with our beautiful baby boy. It was such a strange moment to have him with us with no nurses or doctors to tell us what we could or couldn't do. He did well initially having a couple of sleeps and feeding well however spent most of his first night home awake, crying or feeding. It will take a couple of days for the feeding to be sorted and my supply to adjust (I have an oversupply) and then hopefully things settle down. Jai and Taj are smitten with him and loving that I don't have to go up to the hospital every day now. They want me to take him to their school and daycare to show him off but for the first week I'm getting help with school drop off and pickup while we settle in.

He will still need follow up eye tests, hip ultrasound and brain ultrasound. He's on Pentavite and an Iron supplement and will follow up with the paediatrician he was under at the hospital as well as having an Early Childhood Health nurse out to visit (same protocol as when you go home with a full term baby) and I'll go to the clinic to have him weighed weekly. I'll try to post photos tomorrow when hopefully I would have had a little more than 2 hours sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment