Ash is doing well with feeding - he still hasn't had a tube feed since I last posted, all suck feeds. Tuesday night weigh in he gained 96gms which was great. He's been having breastfeeds during the time I'm there and bottles over night and only had a gain of 20gms when weighed last night so not sure if it's because he's getting less when breastfeeding, or that only his bottle feeds are fortified with extra calories so less bottle feeds means less gains, or maybe it's just normal - he can't have huge gains every time!
As for the title of this post - "sick kids" - Taj has Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. He has really sore ulcers in his mouth and some blisters on his hands. I have mild cold symptoms and was concerned I may have a mild version of it and shouldn't visit Ash so have been busy today going to the doctor and waiting to hear from the infection control team at the hospital. The doctor thinks I may actually have mastitis but in case it's the beginning of something else should wear a mask for the next couple of days when visiting. The hospital infection control team said not to visit if I have and symptoms of hand, foot and mouth disease. The problem is my cold symptoms could be symptoms of it, though the doctor think probably not. So I'm not sure what to do...I'm thinking of staying away today just to see if anything develops. As much as I desperately want to be with him, I have to do what's best for Ash or it's just selfish seeing him for my own needs but putting him in danger. It's going to be a very hard couple of days as even if I'm clear to visit we now have Taj home for the next several days so I'll go early morning and then again after dinner. Raja dropped off my milk for him and couldn't even get a picture for me as they were taking Ashwin off for a routine follow up head scan.
Hopefully I'll be able to come back with better news in a couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment